How to use hard wax
If you think hard wax is for you, here’s what you need to do:
- Clean the area of your skin you want to wax.
- Apply a pre-wax oil, like grapeseed oil, to create a barrier between the wax and your skin. This helps protect your skin.
- Warm the wax to around 130°F. It should be warm, not hot. The easiest and safest way to warm the wax is in a wax warmer. Try to use one that has a temperature gauge dial so you know when the wax reaches the ideal temperature.
- Apply the wax in the direction of hair growth with a waxing spatula.
- Wait for it to harden, then pull it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.